Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tattoo Idea

I'm thinking about getting this tattooed on my inner bicept. It's my favorite quote from "Peter Pan" and I think it's magical. When Peter says it, it's in the context of a being child who can never grow up, which makes it kind of bittersweet. I've always loved this quote. It's one of those lines that wells my eyes upon hearing it, and fills me with wonder and sheer optimism. What a great adventure, living is.

This would be my first tattoo so I'm still meditating on it. When committing to a lifetime of body art, it's important to know how far you're willing to take it, color vs. black and white, etc. My main rule of thumb is that any tattoo I get should be meaningful to me. That doesn't mean a bunch of memorial ink (Christ, I don't need to think about death every time I take a shower). But it should be special. Introspective. And beautiful.

I'll keep you posted. I'm going to find out what they charge at LA Ink because it's a stone toss from my house. If it's silly TV money, I'll probably just go to a street shop on Sunset. There's a dozen on our block.

xo,
Sabrina

1 comment:

  1. did you ever end up getting this? i have a tat of this quote, it hits the spot for me too.

    ReplyDelete