Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Network" (1976)




"Can you believe how prescient this movie is?" my husband asked, as we watched the 1976 classic "Network."

"I know. Faye Dunaway is so in style right now."

Okay, so I have what some may call a "bad" habit of getting distracted by the vintage clothes when we watch old movies. But yesterday while watching "Network," it was impossible NOT to notice how glamorously chic Faye looked in her camel-colored wardrobe. I swear, every scene introduced a new silk blouse with poet sleeves and built-in ascot. She wore blouson tops with high-waisted skirts or pants, all in this earthy '70s palette that's so warm and inviting.

By the time she strutted down the street in a tweed and fur coat, I had to pause the movie. It was too... good. With all this style inspiration coursing through my veins, I turned to Tin Roof Vintage, one of my favorite and most reliably chic haunts. Their collection brought out the best of Faye with a modern twist.






xo,
Sabrina London

1 comment:

  1. I'M A HUMAN BEING GODDAMNIT!! MY LIFE HAS VALUE!!!

    That movie is so freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete