Friday, April 15, 2011

Shake It Up

One of the fastest ways to quirk up your kitchen table is by adding a pair of vintage salt and pepper shakers. They're cute, colorful, and make a truly unique centerpiece for very little investment (every set here is under $25!). My husband and I are renovating our Hollywood apartment, and this is high on my to-do list.

While you could easily find ceramic salt and pepper shakers at Ross or Urban Outfitters, I highly recommend searching on Etsy. There are some adorable sets in pristine condition. Even the older ones with chipped paint add a lot of character to the table. Here are some of my favorite finds.









Holy cow! While I cannot condone this last pair, I would be remiss not to share them. Racist salt and pepper shakers! Even in the '50s, I'm not sure who owned these. They seem wildly offensive to black people, and I can't imagine the Norman Rockwell family using them either. I suppose today they might find a happy home in some "ironic" hipster's apartment.

xo,
Sabrina London

2 comments:

  1. I should take a pic of my cactus salt and pepper shakers. I have no idea if they are actually "vintage" but they did come from a garage sale.

    At dinnertime in my house, you will very often hear a cry of "Can you pass me the salt cactus!?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.cactusjungle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/aba5_2.jpg

    There's a pic of a set EXACTLY like mine :-)

    ReplyDelete