Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Nude Pump


I grew up with a mother who never wore jewelry, make-up, hats, scarves, or high-heeled shoes. My mother wore belts. Nothing waist-cinching or decorative, mind you. But perfectly perfunctory hold-up-your-pants belts.

As a result, from childhood forward, I never understood the point of accessories. I explored a shoe curiosity in college, that resulted in two racks of assorted kicks. But I mostly wore the same ballerina flats everyday, and I'm pretty certain I threw out a pair of Dior strappy heels without wearing them once. Pretty brutal.

Time flies, people change, neuroses wither.

These days, my respect and adoration for accessories is no secret. So when I discovered the PERFECT pair of blush tone Steve Madden pumps (pictured above), you can bet your sweet bottom I promptly cancelled dinner reservations and proceeded to swoon by the Nordstrom mirror (my husband might have been irritated by this).

They reminded me so much of the Christian Louboutin "Lady Daf" Mary Janes, currently for sale/sold out at Saks Fifth Avenue for $995.


I got an incredible deal at Nordstrom Rack in Burbank. They were only $50 (down from $100). Admittedly, I am struggling with whether or not I should cut off the Mary Jane strap (like above). There's something so classic about a basic nude pump. It's such a sophisticated shoe.


xo,
Sabrina London

No comments:

Post a Comment