Friday, October 7, 2011

New Studio, New Adventures














Sean and I were looking forward to moving into a new apartment for some time. In my mind, I pictured a bigger place with a bedroom, a studio, and a creative space - an area we could write, paint, play music, or practice improv.

We looked at a few apartments in different neighborhoods. Some were big. Some were small. Nearly all of them were more expensive than our rent-controlled 1 bedroom in West Hollywood. It became quickly apparent the grass wasn't always greener, as we tried to rationalize losing our fabulous location, a fitness center, tons of restaurants and shopping in walking distance, and two underground parking spots. I was amazed at the number of buildings which offered no parking at all, no AC unit, and a monthly fee for having pets. Pish posh!

So we decided to stay where we are, but make a few changes. I moved my studio into the living area, so Sean and I could have a bedroom again. We moved some furniture around and I've got to say, I'm really loving our new/old apartment again. It's starting to feel like home.

xo,
Sabrina London

No comments:

Post a Comment