Thursday, December 2, 2010

December

It must be the holidays because I just sold half my inventory in one night.

I love this time of year. Christmas music, seasonal drinks at Starbucks, and the most elaborate light displays in West Hollywood (the gays do it right!). I finally mustered up the courage to cut off the fingers of my vintage '50s Saks Fifth Avenue calf-skin leather gloves I bought from an estate sale. I have a ton of them, and they're SO chic. Navy blue, cream, gray, red. Insane. The temperature dropped to the 40s recently so I've been wearing gloves, scarves, and wonderful thigh high sweater socks. It's becoming an obsession.

Last year, Alameda Vintage exploded over winter break. I'm looking forward to finally listing all those vintage coats in the back of my closet. I have a 1940's chinchilla trimmed coat I've been saving since summer.

My husband's colleague invited me to participate in Myspace's annual holiday market place, outside in their beautiful courtyard. Basically, a bunch of booths will be set up for employees to shop and pick up crafty goods. The event coordinator flipped when she learned from my husband that I sell vintage clothes. From 9 AM to 2 PM, I'll be manning my own vintage booth, just me and the puppy. I'm not sure if I'll be able to sell anything because Myspace is predominantly run by bros, but my husband assured me there are plenty of young girls there too. I'm looking forward to it.

Tonight at midnight, we're going to see "The Black Swan" at the Arclight. Must get dressed!

Ho Ho Ho,
Sabrina London

No comments:

Post a Comment