Friday, November 5, 2010

House-Warming Gift


Vintage '50s Barren Trees Dress - Times Up Shop

With all the craziness over the past few days, I decided some retail therapy was definitely in order. I found the most STUNNING vintage '50s dress from Times Up Shop, a vintage boutique based in Copenhagen, Denmark. European vintage? Yes, please.

The barren tees print reminds me of Salvador Dali's "The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory" painting. Something about the muted tones, the horizon line, and the dead trees just has Dali written all over it. Also, the painting is from 1954. Coincidence? Probably!

I'm so, so in love with it. When we moved, I threw away so much of my old clothes from college. It was liberating but nostalgic. I said goodbye to a lot of memory pieces: the jacket I wore when I met my husband. A couple peasant maxi dresses from my first trip to LA. I thought about auctioning a few of these, but it felt unnecessarily awkward putting a price tag on sentimental treasures of years past.

More than anything, I'm elated to start over. New wardrobe, new memories. I simply can't wait to get this dress.


Undressed,
Sabrina London

No comments:

Post a Comment